Amg finally done with these things. Literally 44 separate pieces I had to construct separately, including the bands, skulls, spikes, and loops. These were, by far, the most difficult thing to construct.
The skulls were made with Instamorph, a really cool thermoplastic that is moldable and melts in hot water. It’s really easy and fun to use, and a little bit goes a long way. I made a mold using small skulls left over from my Rat Queens cosplay.
At first, I wanted to make the bands separate so that I could spray paint them and fit them on to the painted tusks. But I realized that I wouldn’t be able to reheat the worbla once they were spray painted, and I did not want to hot glue them onto it. So, I am just going to spray paint it all a bone color, then block off the tusk portion using masking tape and spray paint the bands. The spikes on the tusks will be handpainted.
HELLA LOOK HOW TALENTED MY FRIENDS ARE SHIT SON